Broaden your horizons.
They're the only ones you've got.
A secondment is a sustained period of work for an employee to a host area from 3 months to 24 months.
It can be:
- To one of your clients or other external company
- A swap with a client's employee
- To another internal business unit
- To a non-profit making organisation (charity or government body)
At the end of a secondment, you return to your previous position, or a suitable alternative, depending on development needs, newly acquired skills and business needs.
What are the benefits of arranging a secondment?
- Broadens your experience
- Makes you see the bigger picture — not blinkered
- Provides you with broader commercial exposure
- A good networking opportunity, for you and/or your business
- An enriching experience, a new way of looking at things (can help you become a more 'strategic' person
- Motivating for staff who need to develop new skills or focus on old, but important, ones
- A very useful retention tool!
How can we help you with a secondments programme?
- We can design and develop an appropriate process to make it a commercial offering to your staff
- Create a user-friendly but company-specific policy and procedure document
- Work with you to develop a user-friendly website or intranet
- Run the secondments programme for you, on a short or long term basis
- Help you identify other receptive companies who can offer reciprocal secondment arrangements